It’s no secret that trade shows are a great networking opportunity, an exciting way to grow your brand visibility and the best time for your team to represent your company by passing out branded swag.
They’re the ultimate opportunity to make a great impression on your fellow industry leaders and to gather high quality, qualified leads that could help to take your business to the next level. What’s more… they’re a lot of fun too!
However, while trade shows represent a wealth of opportunity to showcase your business and make connections, they can also come with a great deal of expense. Of course, it’s an expense that could reap serious rewards in the long term, but it’s still an expense that needs to be carefully managed if you want to maintain healthy cash flow and keep your company in good financial health.
With this in mind, one of the most important decisions you’ll need to make is whether you’d rather rent or buy your trade show display stand. Beyond price point, there are many things that you will need to consider before you make this choice.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of both options so that you can feel prepared and make an informed decision…
Trade Show Exhibits Rental Pros vs. Cons
There are many reasons why renting your trade show display is an attractive option for small businesses, especially if you have recently grown or if you have upcoming branding changes in mind.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros:
- It’s cost effective – For businesses on a budget, renting is an excellent, cost-effective option especially for a simple 10×10 booth.
- It’s easy to meet rules and regulations – Different trade shows have different specifications for booths and if you’re attending several shows in a year, you’ll need to adjust your booth to those rules. Renting allows you to meet restrictions more easily.
- It’s easy to change your branding – Businesses in their early years will experiment with different kinds of branding. Renting makes this much easier.
- There’s room to experiment – Because you’re not tied to a particular size or shape you can experiment with a range of different floor plans to meet the needs of different shows.
While renting your trade show display offers many positives, it can be frustrating and limiting for some businesses.
The cons include:
- Limited customization – Rented booths can limit your originality and customization. If you want a booth that’s 100% unique, buying is your only option.
- Minor wear and tear – You may find that previous users have left some blemishes on your booth which may not be the best look for your brand.
Pros vs. Cons of Buying a Trade Show Display
There are a number of reasons why you may prefer to buy your trade show display:
- Cost effective for multiple shows – If you don’t intend to change your design, owning can be a cost-effective and convenient way to do numerous shows in a year.
- Better for larger booths – If you yearn for something more ambitious than a standard 10×10 booth, you may find that buying is not only creatively liberating but much more cost effective.
- Complete customization – You have the opportunity to make your booth your own and every bit as unique as your brand.
Of course, buying outright may not be ideal for every business.
- High upfront costs – May be prohibitive for businesses with fragile cash flow.
- More liabilities – Booth owners need to contend with maintenance, storage, insurance, and disposal costs which are not an issue for renters.
- Your booth will look the same at every show – This may not be an issue for you but those who attend multiple shows may want to make a subtly different impression every time.
Whatever you decide, we’re with you every step of the way!
Ultimately, there’s no right or wrong answer. It all depends on the needs of your business at the time that you are planning for the next trade show. Whatever you choose (or if you need help deciding) Dimensional Exhibits is with you every step of the way.
We have the experience, the knowledge, the resources and the passion to bring you trade show displays that make an impression worthy of your brand. Get in touch with us today by filling out our online contact form or by calling us at (910) 292-2202 and see how we can help you turn heads at your next trade show!